Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm pregnant!

I knew that I would be a mother one day. I didn't know when. And I couldn't have guessed if I tried.

The day I found out I was pregnant, although it was a surprise, I was elated. From the moment I got confirmation of the positive result, I knew that (even if only to me) I was carrying the most important person in the entire world. Nothing in my life would be more important than being a mother and looking after my baby. And nothing still is.

The weeks following were filled with moments of sheer joy and excitement, coupled with moments of fear and apprehension. Would we be able to support our child? Would we be good parents? How could we prepare for this?

But, deep down inside, I knew that this was what I was born to do and that this was the perfect time for me to do it. I was going to be a mother, and I was going to love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please, join the conversation.